Glorious Beautiful Mystery
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
CFN Faith
....
I came to Christ for the Nations in Dallas to meet more people in world-changing ministries. I honestly didn't even give the school itself that much credit when I signed up. I didn't think that classes were going to be anything that special that I hadn't already heard before. Which means classes could be all around good, but nothing to go overly crazy about. And yet God has showed up again. I've found myself saying before, that if you're inviting God in and allowing Him to teach you, then it doesn't even matter how good the class is, just that it stirs things up a little for you. And God'll take it from there.
Well, it turns out Christ for the Nations has something to brag about, in my opinion. The kind of faith that is stirred up on this campus daily is something I've never seen before. I mean, I grew up around the International House of Prayer in Kansas City and have seen all the awakening stuff that's been happening lately, but there's something very different about what I've been seeing/feeling here. Some of the difference may be that I'm finally ready and willing to receive whatever God has for me in the way of Faith. But even still, I think there's a very special "anointing" (as so many people call it) here.
The kind of Faith I see here daily is more than just some random people who come together and want to see someone healed. It's a Faith that God is who he says he is! Our God is the God of the Bible, and no twisted theological point of this age can confuse us about his hatred for sickness and disease! And so we pray. We pray that God would break in against the powers and lies of the devil that hold us in bondage, and allow his healing to be made manifest today! That the question is not whether God wants you to be healed, but whether we're willing to stand in the middle of all the difficult circumstances (no matter what they seem to be telling us) and proclaim it ourselves! To agree, with all that we are, in saying

1 Comments:
ummm...random after thought as I reread the post. I wasn't implying the IHOP only "wants to see someone healed" if it sounded like that. IHOP is amazing and something of another breed completely. If you've never experienced anything with the Prayer Room in Kansas City, you should. They have a special anointing of the Holy Spirit as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home