Glorious Beautiful Mystery
Friday, October 16, 2009
I got a Tattoo.
Ok, so I figure alot of people might want to know just exactly why I got the word "Daughter" tattooed on my wrist.
This past July I went on a road trip up through middle and into northern California with my Mom and older sister. I lounged in the backseat most of the trip, not really admiring the passing coastline or city-scapes, but more listening to music and letting my mind wander. You could sum up my thoughts to..."It would seem my life is taking a new interesting direction lately and I'm not quite sure just how I feel about that."
So, in the midst of seeing quite literally before me, in my life, how drastically things can change without ever knowing to prepare or seeing it coming, I decided there are very few things we can really hold on to with certainty. And actually, there's really just One. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. So, my relationship with him is a constant. Even when my surroundings change, or my people change, or my opportunities change. God, without fail, is there. And in my life, that makes him my closet friend. He's the only one who's traveled with me through everything, in the United States and out. He knows my every thought and action. He knows my little idiosyncrosies and deepest desires. When everything else fades away, God remains.
SO....I wanted a tattoo reminding me of that. of the depth of relationship and intimacy I have with God. of how he stands by me. he's my warm familiar place. (when all else seems so cold and unknown, like I don't really belong)
He is my perfect Father, el Rey de Reyes, ...and I am his Daughter, su amigo soy.
This past July I went on a road trip up through middle and into northern California with my Mom and older sister. I lounged in the backseat most of the trip, not really admiring the passing coastline or city-scapes, but more listening to music and letting my mind wander. You could sum up my thoughts to..."It would seem my life is taking a new interesting direction lately and I'm not quite sure just how I feel about that."
So, in the midst of seeing quite literally before me, in my life, how drastically things can change without ever knowing to prepare or seeing it coming, I decided there are very few things we can really hold on to with certainty. And actually, there's really just One. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. So, my relationship with him is a constant. Even when my surroundings change, or my people change, or my opportunities change. God, without fail, is there. And in my life, that makes him my closet friend. He's the only one who's traveled with me through everything, in the United States and out. He knows my every thought and action. He knows my little idiosyncrosies and deepest desires. When everything else fades away, God remains.
SO....I wanted a tattoo reminding me of that. of the depth of relationship and intimacy I have with God. of how he stands by me. he's my warm familiar place. (when all else seems so cold and unknown, like I don't really belong)
He is my perfect Father, el Rey de Reyes, ...and I am his Daughter, su amigo soy.
posted by Jenee at 2:34 PM

2 Comments:
Ok, so I figure alot of people might want to know just exactly why I got the word "Daughter" tattooed on my wrist.
I can think of at least one person who would be very curious and his intials are GS. ;-)
Beautiful expression from a beautiful youg lady - thanks for sharing Jenee. and please continue.
Post a Comment
<< Home