Glorious Beautiful Mystery

Monday, October 19, 2009

the Deep Places of the Heart

Do you ever find yourself just wanting to hold someone until all their pain goes away? that maybe somehow your love could heal all their wounds and circumstances and suddenly everything would just be ok.

I'm going to sleep in a lavish bed tonight that warms my heart in all the ways physical comfort can, and then I think about people who have so many physical struggles in their life that leave them cold, sore, weary, hurting, dehydrated, malnourished, weak, exhausted...

and I want to hold them.
I want to give them so much, to experience the relief of being fed well, and sleeping so that you don't wake with an aching back from the hard ground or sore joints from the cold night.

God has provided for my needs and what of theirs?
And so maybe I have enough to help one person in desperate need,
but what of the world of others?

"God, I choose to trust you in your sovereignty. And if I am to help, it will not be for the whole, but for the one. So, I trust you for the whole as I'm tasked to the one."

"God, how can I ever wrap my mind around the suffering that goes on in this world? and you understand every intricate detail in every person's life. My heart could not take the pain of it all, and yet you do not ask that of me."
"You're going to let me see things that are unfathomable to the human heart until assaulted with them, and you do not expect me to take on an overwhelming burden, though the temptation will be there. You only require that I see, and do not try to hide from the pain. I am to conquer it with your love, letting it burn inside of me, and the power from it to move mountains. (and raise people from the dead)"
posted by Jenee at 9:19 PM

1 Comments:

Keep praying, medtating, listening, writing...

October 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home