Glorious Beautiful Mystery
Thursday, July 6, 2023
CAMBODIA 2023
In preparing for my move to Cambodia, I've decided to revive this blog and post prayer points, stories of hope, and current words from the Lord that I'm hearing.
For today, I'll stick with
PRAYER POINTS.
1 - Soft landing in Cambodia:
- Easy connection with roommate Anne-Michael
- Easy find for purchasing a "Moto" to get around town
- Easy affordable shopping to make my bedroom a home
- Easy entry into language school
- Easy connection with new team members in Iris Global ministries
2 - Establishing routine with Counseling Online:
- I will be doing telehealth 10 hours a week.
- Early morning for me is evening for California.
- Setting up a good office space for counseling sessions.
- Getting credentialed with Partnership.
- Will provide for about 80% of my budget monthly.
3 - Becoming integrated with my Iris Global team:
- 2 couples as team leaders from the UK and America.
- 3 kids, 2 single females (American), and some Cambodians (not sure how many).
- We pray and worship on Mondays,
Do different ministry activities during the week,
Debrief and logistical meetings on Fridays. - I will invest a good amount in my team's focus
while pursuing more specific ministry over time with counseling. - So far, I know my team focuses on "kids clubs" and small discipleship groups.
4 - Learning the Language Fast:
- I already know a good amount of conversational Khmer.
However, my vocabulary still falls short quickly.
Language classes will hopefully expand my capacity as quickly as possible. - Will need outlets for practicing,
This means Cambodians who I can't cheat and speak English with. - Pray I find good opportunities for more than surface level conversations on a weekly basis.
Lastly,
5 - Re-establishing relationships with old Cambodian friends:
- I will probably be super busy for the first few months as I'm establishing my routine and relationships, but I want to prioritize long-time Cambodian friendships as well. So many connections that I'm excited to foster and blow life back into. These friendships are going to be some of the foundational people I would love to pour into and see soar in relationship with God and better mental health over time - better boundaries, healthier self esteems, healed stories, reconciled perspectives of God. The list goes on.
- I will not be pushy, but stay aware of who God sends me and invites me to take part in their story of mental health healing and maturity.

1 Comments:
You're awesome and will have a great impact wherever you go. Keep us informed so we can pray for you.
Post a Comment
<< Home